Amy Boylan was recruited to take over as President of the company. Her claim to fame
was she ran the Hot Wheels collectible toy operation for Mattel. Amy and
the Shelby team couldn't miss this opportunity. Boylan says CSI should
break even this year.
The about 500 Shelby GT-H Mustangs will be available at select airport locations that feature the Hertz Fun Collection including Phoenix, Arizona; Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and San Francisco, California; Denver, Colorado; Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach, Florida; Maui and Honolulu, Hawaii, and Las Vegas, Nevada. In addition, the car will be available in Boston, Massachusetts; Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington.
Though rental rates vary by city, the cars are renting for $129 a day in San Francisco for a midweek September booking, a 25% premium.
To read more about Hertz's fun collection, click
What makes this version of the 2007
Shelby Mustang so special?
- The cars are based on a stock Ford Mustang GT
The first feature is the black
exterior with gold stripes, a trademark of the 1966 versions. The
side rocker panel stripes and the over the hood/body stripes are all
gold. And to add the perfect touch, the rocker panel stripes also
have "Shelby GT-H" behind the tire, on the lower front
fenders. Looks great! Hertz Edition emblems are on the front fenders, and feature Hertz Shelby GT-H sill plates and a numbered dash badge with Carroll Shelby’s signature inside the cockpit.
- Each car is fitted with a custom Shelby Performance hood with pins, and a brushed aluminum grille with running horse
emblem (instead of the Cobra the SVT version has.) A unique front fascia with integrated lower grille,
and a set of body side scoops – very reminiscent of a classic Shelby
Mustang gives this version a distinct look. The Mustang GT brakes also
have painted calipers, which can be seen through the GT-H’s 17-inch aluminum wheels wearing P235/55ZR17 performance rubber.
- In typical Shelby fashion, the motors are not stock Ford GT. Ford Racing Performance Group is supplying its popular Power Pack (FR1) to add an
additional 25-horsepower bump to the 300-horse Mustang GT 4.6L V-8 and an increase of 10 lb.-ft. of torque. The package includes Ford Racing’s 90mm Cold Air kit, the Muffler Kit, a new X-pipe similar to the one used on the new
SVT version, a performance calibration and a cat-back performance exhaust
gives the car a unique throaty sound.
- The cars come with five-speed automatic transmissions and a
permanently engaged traction lock control.
- The Shelby version comes with Ford's Racing Handling Pack (FR3) installed, including special-tuned dampers inspired from the FR500C, lowering springs, sway bars and a strut tower brace – plus a Ford Racing 3.55:1 ratio rear axle assembly for
greater off-the-line acceleration.
Ford Racing is working closely with Shelby Automotive's engineers and technicians at
the assembly facility in Las Vegas during the build-out of the GT-H for delivery to Hertz.